I plan on making both in my near future lifetime. (Thanksthanks, Rechele.)
- 2 1/2 C cooked edamame (without pod, of course)--you can put more (the recipe originally called for 2 1/2 lbs of cooked edamame, but Rechele made it first with the smaller amount, and I liked it better)
- 2 lg garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 1 1/4 t fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1 1/2 t salt
- pepper to taste
- 1/2 C extra virgin olive oil
- 2-4 T water
Serve on crackers or--what did Rechele call them?--crustinis. Crustinis. Little slices of sourdough bread, toasted with a bit of olive oil. So, so good.
Omi's Coconut Curry Cheese Ball
- 11 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3 heaping T sour cream
- 1/2 C currents (or raisins)
- 1/2 C chopped cocktail peanuts, salted
- 1/2 C chopped green onions, chopped fine
- 2 t curry powder
- sweetened flaked coconut
- mango chutney (if desired)
I really liked this second recipe--I'm all for curry--but it was a little sweet for me. Maybe the currents are less sweet than the raisins I had it with? Maybe I'd put in more curry and more salted peanuts and less raisins and more sour cream? Maybe I'd put in more green onions chopped less fine? I don't know. Something. In any case, it was super tasty, and I'm make it (and experiment with it) again again for sure.
Let me know how it goes. Semper fi.