Thursday, February 07, 2013

Greasy Cake

Another one from my college recipe cookbook.  I only had this cake once.  A girl in my home ec ("Family Meal Management") class made it, and I remember thinking, "This is UNBELIEVABLE."  At the time, I figured I would never be able to afford the number of extracts needed to make the cake.  But you know what?  Maybe now I can.  Here's to seeing how it tastes to me ten years after.

Cake:
2 cubes butter, softened
1/2 C shortening
3 C sugar
5 eggs, beaten
1/2 t baking powder
3 C flour
1 C milk
1 t vanilla, butter, lemon, rum, and coconut extract

Glaze:
1 C sugar
1/2 C water
1 t vanilla, butter, lemon, rum, and coconut extract

Cream butter, shortening, and sugar till fluffy.  Add beaten eggs.  Combine baking powder and flour.  Add to cream mixture alternately with milk.  Mix in flavorings.  Put in a well-greased and floured bundt pan.  Bake at 350.

Make glaze by adding sugar, water, and flavoring.  Bring to a boil.  Turk cake over on to plate.  Drizzle glaze on top of cake until gone.  Top with whipped cream and fruit of choice.  Serve.

No comments: