Friday, June 27, 2008

Pie #6! Homemade cherry pie! And pies # 4 & 5!

I couldn't wait to show this one. It just came out of the oven, and it's kind of unbelievable. I'm planning on having this be a test pie--since I've never made it before, and my last few attempts at gastronomic winging it have left me a little disappointed. But good goo, it's beautiful! If weird!

The pie before I baked it.


(It was inspired by some Tiffany glass I've been thinking about.)


These are my fingers when I was done with all my pie creating. I'm amazed my laptop keys haven't turned blue yet.


But here's the baked pie--newly removed from the oven!


Oh man, I am satisfied.


And, for completeness' sake, pies #4 and #5 (both of which are presently keeping cool in the fridge):

R's pie (a beautiful, beautiful pie we know will taste good)


And pie #5, Monica's frozen raspberry pie. It isn't decorated yet, and I think next time I'll make it with more filling, but good goo it tastes good. (Yes, I licked the filling bowl.)

No comments: