Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Tonight, I came home to this:




Soon I will leave California and fly home, to study, see family, and face my destiny with the New York bar exam. I will travel around the country a bit (to Utah with the family for one day, then to NY with Reija for two days, then to Atlanta for a wedding and Nate & co. for two and a half days) and then I will come back again. For one week.

But tonight, one of my last nights in anything resembling the sort of regular life I know, I came home to the love of my friends: handwritten notes of test-taking encouragement, taped around my bed, written on little flyers I designed for a recruiting event I held at BYU last year (two years ago?) that someone must have drudged up or kept and recopied, pulling them out to show me love in a moment like this.

Tonight, I came home to this. And soon, this is what I will leave.





But I'm taking this with me:

4 comments:

Rachel Olson said...

Sarah,

I decidely love you. I think your roommates are awesome. I've been reading "Anne of Green Gables," and I just finished "Anne of Ingleside." I'd never really realized that Patty's Place was Melville until I knew what Patty's Place was. Your house is beautiful.

love,
rachelsister

Jane said...

flyers that were recopied? Only originals for you, Sarah. Our love is real, we don't do cheap counterfeits :)

The love of your friends is with you wherever you go.

Melissa said...

You appear to be well loved and deservedly so. Good luck on the bar, Sarah.

Marissa said...

I am so happy I will be seeing you this Sunday! woot! or at least I was told I would get to see you this Sunday. I am crossing my fingers.